Cons are some of my favourite times of the year and we are committed to making sure that IntrigueCon will be a highlight for you.
Now, having said that, your fun is not allowed to be at the expense or someone else's fun and that's why IntrigueCon has a code of conduct.
For most functioning members of society this will all be common courtesy, however, in the event you can't or won't adhere to the code of conduct you can expect:
- Mediation by IntrigueCon staff.
- Verbal warnings.
- Revocation of registration and ejection from IntrigueCon. No refunds will be offered.
- Contacting local law enforcement.
We ask that you respect others so that everyone is comfortable and feels safe while attending IntrigueCon.
- Harassment or discrimination of any sort will not be tolerated.
- If someone asks you to leave them alone, you walk away, and you do not approach them again.
- Discrimination is not limited to gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or physical/mental disability.
- If you feel that you have been harassed or discriminated against:
- Tell the individual(s) that their behavior is inappropriate. This may be sufficient to achieve the the desired response.
- If you do not feel comfortable talking with the individual(s) involved, or if talking to them does not work, please immediately report the situation to any IntrigueCon staff member. If you wish to remain anonymous, please let the con staff member know and we will not reveal your name.
- We cannot take action to resolve any incidents if they are not reported.
An IntrigueCon volunteer will be taking photos of the convention throughout the weekend, and posting those photos online at a later date. Other attendees may take photos, video, or audio recordings for personal archival use but we request that any subjects featured in these cordings be consulted.
You have the right to request that your image/recording not be taken or used. The photographer/recorder is then expressly forbidden to continue.Game Content:
The IntrigueCon game schedulers review all games submitted. However, we can only assess and publish, the information supplied by the GM. Additionally, even though we require that GMs identify content advisories we cannot review GM scripts ahead of time and, although we expect, we cannot guarantee that GMs will conform to the parameters they specify. Attendees should be aware that there may be mature language both in and out of character and that, depending on the game, violence may also feature prominently. If you have any concerns we strongly recommend that you make enquiries with us, or with the prospective GM before playing a game.
Additionally, while we require that GMs adhere to this code of conduct they are not baby-sitters, and as such they are not accountable for offensive behaviour by any player. If a player is consistently breaking rules, engaging in what the GM considers unacceptable conduct of any sort, or is harassing any other player and, does not stop the objectionable actions when asked, IntrigueCon delegates to the GM the right to ask that player leave the game. GMs are expected to use this power only as a last resort. If the GM doesn’t feel comfortable ejecting a player, please immediately find an IntrigueCon staff member, who will do so.
Anyone who has questions about how these policies are applied may email firstname.lastname@example.org before the convention, or any staff member during the convention. In all cases, our primary intent is to facilitate a game-playing experience that is positive for all participants, and our decisions on applying policy will be made with that intent foremost.
Don’t ruin the con for others; make it more awesome.
Let us know immediately if someone is ruining the con for you. All con-ruiners will be dealt with.